Saturday, August 31, 2013

Well, here we are at the last couple weeks of Summer. Well, okay, technically Summer doesn't end on September 1st but that feeling has stuck with me since I was a kid going off to school.
I've been seeing sooo many cute sunset gradient nails with palm tree silhouettes, and I decided that would be the PERFECT mani to wrap up the summer. It also gave me the excuse to pick up a color I've had my eye on for a while: Sunrise and the City.
I have to say once more, applying and curing Top It Off before painting nail art with Gelsih makes alllllll the difference. The plam tree I painted was super quick and suuuuuper easy.

This is another manicure I'm sorta in love with. Petal For Your Thoughts looks like it was MADE to go with Sunrise And The City. LOVE!! AND I got to use my new 3.5mm seashell studs! One more seashell before fall can't hurt ;) Although now I think I need to start looking for fall leaf studs >;) I'd seen quite a few manicures using little gold BBs as "coconuts" on their plam trees. I LOVE THAT! But I couldn't find any small gold BBs anywhere around me.
For the above manicure I did the following:

Index and Pinky Nails:
  1. 3 coats of Petal For Your Thoughts, cured all coats
  2. Finished with 1 coat of TIO, cured
Middle Nail:
  1. 3 coats of Sunrise And The City, cured all coats
  2. Finished with 1 coat of TIO, cured
Ring Nail:
  1. 2 coats of Petal For Your Thoughts, cured all coats
  2. 1 coat TIO, cure
  3. Layed down striping tape and painted 2 coats of Sunrise And The City along the top and bottom of the nail, leaving a strip of Petal across the center. Cured all coats
  4. Dabbed Foundation across the center of the nail and pressed the studs in, cured
  5. Finished with 2 coats of TIO, cured
Thumb Nail:
  1. 2 coats of Starburst, cured all coats
  2. 2 coats of Petal For Your Thoughts, sponging off the first gradient fade, cured all coats
  3. 2 coats of Orange Cream Dream, sponging off the second gradient fade, cured all coats
  4. 1 coat TIO, cure
  5. Used a small nail art brush to paint a palm tree with Black Shadow, cured
  6. Dabbed Foundation onto cured polish and pressed the stud in, cured
  7. Finished with 2 coats of TIO, cured all coats

0 comments:

Post a Comment