Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I know, I know, I haven't been as on top of this as I wanted to be. I just haven't had as much free time lately, but I'm hoping I can get back to at least 1 of these a week. They're REALLY fun and kinda relaxing!

This week's color was "Orange", and since I have fall on the mind I figured that was the best way to go.
Gelish 31 Day Nail Art Challenge - Day 2: Orange - Fall gradient, leaves, and tree
The gradient nails are an Orange Cream Dream/Backstage Beauty/Sweet Chocolate fade topped with a thin layer of Close Your Fingers and Cross Your Eyes. The nail on the far left consists of the same colors and I was attempting to hand paint little leaves falling across the nail. However, both my fiancée and our roommate thought they were little stars, then decided they might be turkey foot prints.

I do, however like how the tree turned out! I just used a small brush to paint the tree with Sweet Chocolate onto the Orange Cream Dream background, and the leaves are Backstage Beauty and Gella in "Lily". I'm happy to say that I didn't have to flash-cure to paint the art; I had a lot of control with Sweet Chocolate :) I also added a couple touches of gold glitter here and there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment