Sunday, January 12, 2014


For Christmas this year, I was SUPER stoked to find my soon-to-be sister-in-law got me MoYou London stamping plates!! As a result I spent a decent amount of time drawing out mani ideas, using the plates as inspiration. A couple of the images on the Pro Collection 07 plate really caught my eye and made me think of my finacée and her love of Paris.
Gelish Nude And Black Paris MoYou Nails
Her poor cuticles took a beating in the cold, dry air while we were on vacation. I really want to buy some CND Solar Oil and have her try daily applications to see if that'll help them out. I definitely need more practice with stamping, and I think I need a larger stamper, but I feel like this was a good start. I want to try to incorporate a stamp or two in my manis over the next couple of months. There are just so many possibilities! I found I like curing a coat of Top IT Off over the polish before attempting stamping. I messed up the first few stamps, and with some non-acetone polish remover it was a breeze to take off the stamp and try again. I used my new striping tape technique for the tape I laid down on the pinky. So far, so good! Also, I got to use one of my new colors, Need A Tan - needed 3 coats for opacity, but I'm really happy with that color!

For the above manicure I did the following:

Thumb Nail:
  1. • 3 coats Need A Tan, cure all coats
  2. • 1 coat TIO, cure
  3. • Wipe tacky layer. Stamp image using Konad Black polish
  4. • Let dry. Finished with 1 coat of TIO, cure

Index Nail:
  1. • 3 coats Need A Tan, cured all coats
  2. • Create the half-moon smile line with Black Shadow, apply 2 coats, cure all coats
  3. • Finished with 2 coats of Matte TIO, cure all coats

Middle Nail:
  1. • 3 coats Need A Tan, cured all coats
  2. • Wipe tacky layer. Hand paint cat design with 2 coats of Black Shadow, cure all coats
  3. • Add dots of Structure and place studs, cure
  4. • Finished with 2 coats of TIO, cure all coats

Ring Nail:
  1. • 3 coats Need A Tan, cure all coats
  2. • 1 coat TIO, cure
  3. • Wipe tacky layer. Stamp image using Konad Black polish
  4. • Let dry. Finished with 1 coat of Matte TIO, cure

Pinky Nail:
  1. • 3 coats Need A Tan, cure all coats
  2. • Wipe tacky layer. Lay down striping tape and press firmly into nail
  3. • Apply one coat of Structure across entire nail, cure
  4. • Finished with 1 coat of TIO, cure

0 comments:

Post a Comment