Wednesday, April 9, 2014


Well, hello there!

So, you may have noticed I've been rather quiet for the last few weeks. Basically, Life Got Hard.
My job position changed dramatically, I've been training a new hire, my fiancée and I have been busy doing Wedding Stuffs, and basically I've been coming home every day and that last thing I've wanted to do was write a blog post. But! I'm settling in and trying to regain my balance, and nails are 100% a part of that balance. ;)
One of the ways I've been unwinding over the past couple of weeks is by watching a Japanese game. But, it's like an anime. But you read it. It's like reading a manga, but with voice actors, and on your TV. It's called Dramatical Murder (and if you google it... just be warned that it's, well, rated 18+) and it's silly, and quite dramatical, but we're totally hooked on it. And after we started watching it we found out an actual anime based on the game is being released this summer!

This is gonna be such a great summer for anime. The new Sailor Moon, Iwatobi Swim Club, Dramatical Murder, and a couple others.

It's a good time to be a nerd.

And there's totally a point to all this anime talk... Dramatical Murder-themed nails!

First off, my fiancée got nails themed after the protaganist, Aoba. I freakin' love Aoba.
For the Aoba set the colors used were Up In The Blue, Ocean Wave, Arctic White, It's A Lily, Jet Set, Need A Tan, and Don't Be Such A Sourpuss. I hand painted everything :)
Gelish Dramatical Murder Aoba Anime Nails
Then, she got nails themed after one of the other characters, Noiz (I know, the names are like, wut? But it's anime, so it makes sense). I didn't like Noiz at first, then after they dug in to his backstory he's really grown on me.
For Noiz I used Sometimes A Girl's Gotta Glow and Is It An Illusion? I used Gella 'Lily' for the yellow bits and used black acrylic paint for the black accents. That black paint really helped the nails pop, so I'm really happy with this set :)
Gelish Dramatical Murder Noiz Anime Nails

0 comments:

Post a Comment