Thursday, November 7, 2013

Gelish Tribal Dreamcatcher Mani with Migi Nail Art Pens This past weekend my coworker came back over for her next manicure. She wanted some tribal nails and a dreamcatcher nail, so I ordered a stamping plate with a tribal design and figured I could free-hand the dreamcatcher. Unfortunately, the stamping plate didn't arrive in time >:( I decided to take the opportunity to really try out the Migi Nail Art Pens I bought last month and see how much control and detail I could get out of them.
Migi Nail Art On Gelish
I was very happy with the results! I used the black and white Migi pens for all the details on this manicure and was REALLY happy with the amount of control I had with the pens. I enjoyed using these much more than using brushes - AND they shaved about 40 minutes off the manicure. They were super quick and super easy! I'm excited about buying up some more colors -- I feel like these will open up a whole new world of nail art. :D
Gelish Tribal Dreamcatcher Mani with Migi Nail Art Pens
I took the pic with my phone, so the quality is fairly meh. I used Gelish Garden Teal Party and Lust At First Sight for this mani and I topped the nail art with TIO. For the index finger I was trying to create that turquoise stone effect I've been seeing more and more.

By lacquerstyle

I think when people do the effect on regular polish they put a drop of black polish in a glass of water, as if to watermarble, spritz it with hairspray, and the alcohol in the hairspray causes the polish to "crackle" across the surface of the water. You then dip your turquoise-painted nail in and - ta-da! Instant turquoise stone effect. I didn't have the time to test this effect out on Gelish polish, so I freehanded it with the nail art pens. I need to put this on my 31-day Nail Art Challenge list...

0 comments:

Post a Comment