Saturday, December 21, 2013


Today I was happy to have a new person over for a Gelish mani! The owner of the dance/fitness studio we go to has been bugging me for MONTHS to have me do her nails, and we were FINALLY able to make that happen! She showed me a few manis she had pinned and one thing was clear: she needed a cute Christmas-y animal.
Gelish Christmas Reindeer Snowflake Nails
It turned out so cute! I decided I wanted to do a reindeer, but I didn't want the googly-eyed reindeer I've been seeing all over Instagram. I wanted cute, chibi reindeer! I found an an image on google that I was easily able to translate into a nail design.

All of her nails (except her ring finger) are 2 coats of Red-y And Waiting with 2 coats of Life of the Party to make a nice sparkle gradient. The snowflake is hand-painted with white Folk Art acrylic paint. On her ring finger, I used 2 coats of Sheek White, 3 coats of Double Shot Espresso, and 2 coats of Skinny Vanilla Latte. I used Black Shadow and Sheek White for the eyes, You're So Sweet You're Giving Me A Toothache for the cheeks, a dot of Red-Y and Waiting for the nose and topped the nose off with a dab of glitter from Life of the Party. Whew!

0 comments:

Post a Comment