Friday, December 20, 2013


Here we go with yet another set of holiday nails! (didn't I say this would be Christmas Nail Week? ;) My coworker agreed with me that white nails are incredible and Need To Happen. I think I was scraping the bottom of my bottle of Sheek White for this one, but I got it done!
Gelish Christmas Holiday Nails White Snowflake
Did I buy teardrop studs for the express purpose of making Christmas light nails? Yes. Yes I did. But, when combined with a small round stud, they also made the CUTEST little bow on her ring finger! I used 3 coats of Sheek White on all her nails. On her pinky I scrubbed in some loose silver holo glitter from Michael's and created a fade from the tip of the nail. I then added a thin coat of Am I Making You Gelish over the top (sorry it's out of focus in this pic!).

On her index I used silver Folk Art acrylic paint to paint a snowflake (and used it for the Xmas light "wire" on her thumb). Now, her ring finger is where we're running an experiment. I really wanted to use silver striping tape, but we ALL KNOW that even under 2 coats of Top It Off that shiz will lift up. I was lamenting over this with my coworker when she said, "Why don't you just put Structure over the tape?"
If this works... nail art will never be the same. I'll keep ya'll posted.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...structure over striping tape...quite possibly genius! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely write about it either way! As of yesterday (the 4th day) there was absolutely no sign of lifting! I have all my fingers crossed.

      Delete