Thursday, October 31, 2013

Gelish Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkin Manicure by Gelish Geekery I had a rather busy weekend last weekend! We went and checked out one of the venues we're seriously considering for our wedding: The Mission Inn.
We've decided on a theme for the wedding: Harry Potter. That's right, I said it, we're having a Harry Potter wedding... and it's gonna be AWESOME!! We (re: my fiancée) have been looking everywhere for a venue that has the right atmosphere. For Harry Potter, we didn't want something too contemporary. The Mission Inn has been caaaalllling to us and when we visited it this weekend, we just fell in love. We have another venue to look at, but we've asked the Mission Inn to hold the date for us. Unless this other venue can give us an insane deal, I think we're going with our first pick. D:

In other Harry Potter news, my fiancée FINALLY got her first tattoo, one she's been wanting for years:
Deathly Hallows Tattoo By GelishGeekery
Indeed, that would be a Deathly Hallows tattoo! I took a fountain pen, dipped it in ink, and kept drawing out the tattoo design until I got the right look. I thought it would be so cool if it looked like Dumbledore himself scribbled the symbol out with a feather quill... I love the way it turned out!! Am I feeling a little proud that, AFAIK, it's an original Deathly Hallows tattoo design? Why yes, yes I am.
Now on to the manicure! This'll be the LAST Halloween-inspired manicure, I promise!!

I actually did this manicure at the beginning of the month, but I got so excited about my most recent mani that I skipped over this one and decided to save it for last. I kinda wanted "classy Halloween" with fall colors, and I felt like this worked quite well for that.
Gelish Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkin Manicure by Gelish Geekery

For the above manicure I did the following:

Thumb and Pinky Nails:
  1. • 2 coats Skinny Vanilla Latte, cure all coats
  2. • Sponged on Lust At First Sight to create a gradient, cure
  3. • 1 coat TIO, cure
  4. • Wipe tacky layer. Using a nail art brush, painted vines with Polar Attraction, cure
  5. • Added a tiny bit of loose glitter
  6. • Finished with 1 coat of TIO, cure

Index and Ring Nails:
  1. • 2 coats Sheek White, cure all coats
  2. • Sponged on Skinny Vanilla Latte to create a gradient, cure
  3. • 1 coat TIO, cure
  4. • Wipe tacky layer. Using a nail art brush, painted vines with Polar Attraction, cure
  5. • Added a tiny bit of loose glitter
  6. • Finished with 1 coat of TIO, cure

Middle Nail:
  1. • 2 coats Sheek White, cure all coats
  2. • 1 coat TIO, cureure
  3. • Wipe tacky layer. Using a nail art brush, painted pumpkin with Don't Be So Particular and vines with Polar Attraction, cure
  4. • Painted pumpkin outline with Lust At First Sigh, cure
  5. • Added a tiny bit of loose glitter
  6. • Finished with 1 coat of TIO, cure

0 comments:

Post a Comment